Monday, November 8, 2010

sharing

Just wanted to share a few of my November DT projects for Jillibean Soup.  They're up on the blog today along with a lovely tag by DT member Ingrid Danvers. 


I made this set of thank you cards for some very thoughtful neighbors who brought us some goodies when we moved in.  I threw in some SRM stickers for the sentiments.  Click here for full credits.



My girls and I made these as a table centerpiece.  We cut 12 circles each: 4 inches, 5 inches, and 6 inches.  We folded them, orange sides together, and then adhered the opposite sides together until we had a 3D sphere.  We cut a bit off the bottom, so they'd stand straight. We added a green canvas flower, some rolled strips of green paper, and we made the stems by spraying a 2 inch strip of kraft soup staples with water, and then scrunching and twisting into a stem shape.  Fun to make!  They're great for Halloween, but we'll be keeping them up until Thanksgiving.  Generic pumpkins always work through November. =)  Click here for full credits.

19 comments:

Amy said...

I loved your pumpkins so much I had to make some of my own - http://abadcrafter.blogspot.com/2010/11/happy-thanksgiving.html
Thanks for the idea!!

Jessica said...

I love these pumpkins. I am definitely going to try and make some to incorporate into my fall decor.

Anonymous said...

Did you just use scrapbooking cardstock for these?

Aly D said...

I used double-sided patterned scrapbook papers. they are cardstock weight basically.

paige said...

Just wanted to let you know that I featured you on my Friday Favorites!

http://thecreativepaige.com/2011/09/friday-favorites-all-things-pumpkin.html

Cecily said...

I would really like to make these, but I have no idea what kraft soup staples are. Can you please help me out? Thanks.

Theresa said...

These pumpkins are super cute..TFS

Aly D said...

cecily, here's a link to the kraft soup staples papers i used: http://www.jillibean-soup.com/retail/index.php?route=product/category&path=37_69

you could get the same look using brown paper grocery bags.

Cecily said...

Thanks, Aly! I think I might make these for a girls night with some friends, and with some girls I watch. The pumpkins are soooo cute! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. :)

Karla Yungwirth said...

Great pumpkins! Will definitely be trying these :) thanks!

Amy C said...

I've seen these adorable pumpkins all over Pinterest. I featured them a couple of weeks ago over on my blog, but the only link to them that I could find was to scrapbook.com. I was so glad to find the real source for these and the instructions on how to make them. THANK YOU they are absolutely adorable!
Oh, and here's a link. :)
http://thehappyscraps.blogspot.com/2011/09/three-things-thursday.html

Emily said...

Thos pumpkins are SO cute! Gonna make these very soon! :)

Naomi said...

Love this idea! Thanks for sharing your talent!

Visit my blog simetime:

http://snipitytweetwhispers.blogspot.com

Audrey Pettit said...

These are SO adorable, Aly!! Can't wait to try some. TFS!

Julia Miller said...

Thanks for linking your blog on scrapbook.com, the pumpkins are cute!

Ashley said...

What a clever idea! I'm going to Michael's right now to get stuff to make these with my daughter--a perfect rainy day craft!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!} said...

These are so cute -- I'm using them as inspiration for our placecards...I'm linking you in my post tomorrow! Thanks for sharing your great ideas!

Jess from Coxs Corner said...

I followed a link from I {heart} naptime here and I'm so glad that I did! You are so creative! I'm your newest follower! You are welcome to come visit anytime. I will definitely be stopping by often!

Two Succulent Sisters said...

I hope you can come over to my blog and share this at our very first linky party - it's a PUMPKIN PARTY! I think your darling pumpkins would make a super addition. Hope to see you there. Linda

http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/2012/09/thirty-days-of-pumpkins.html